Quantum BITS was founded in 2013 with the purpose of providing end-to-end consulting solutions in the areas of information technology and accounting. We are a vibrant team of IT and Accounting professionals providing reliable and competitive solutions to our clientele that varies from large multinationals to small and very small entities in more than 10 countries around the globe. Our headquarters are based in Athens with supporting offices in Thessaloniki and London.
We are currently seeking to recruit an Accounting Officer!
- Location: Athens, Greece
- Working model: Hybrid (once a week remote working)
- Type: Full time (40 hours/week)
The Accounting Officer will provide support to the Accounting & Tax division by managing daily tasks in a timely manner in coordination with our team. In this role, you will be expected to be able to comfortably work with numbers and pay attention to detail.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Handling general ledger entries for B & C class of books and preparing VAT returns.
- Assisting the team in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings, reporting and documentation.
- Undertaking out-of-office duties (e.g., Business Registries / GEMI, Social Security Funds / EFKA and tax offices) regarding customer operations.
- Trying to resolve client requests through mail, phone or live meetings, depending on the issue.
- Assisting with other relevant accounting projects and research.
- Undertaking the preparation of annual tax filings for individuals and legal entities.
- Training interns and junior officers in the main responsibilities, whenever applicable.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skills:
- University or Upper Education Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Proven experience in accounting/tax related positions of at least 1 to 3 years is required.
- Excellent command of the Greek and English language, both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer literacy. Epsilon Net software knowledge will also be considered an asset.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Ability to cooperate effectively with other team members.
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Energetic, consistent, and reliable personality with positive attitude and client-oriented perception.
- Military service obligations fulfilled for male candidates.
Our company offers a competitive remuneration package, a performance-related incentive scheme including in-house and/or outsourced training, and the opportunity to evolve in a friendly, modern, and organized work environment.
If you are interested, send an email with your CV and cover letter at email@example.com